New Asylum Model (NAM)
From the 5th March 2007 all new asylum applications are being dealt with by the Home Office through the New Asylum Model (NAM).
It is the aim of the Home Office to deal with and conclude an asylum case within 6 months.
There will be only one person called a Case Owner, dealing with the same case from start to finish.
The Case Owner will do the following:
- Interview the person seeking asylum.
- Making the asylum decision
- Presenting any appeals if the case is refused
- Have on-going contact with the applicant
- Providing and managing support (housing + money = NASS/SS)
- Help to organize any voluntary returns or removal back home
- Help with access to integration programmes into the UK if a person is granted status.
If you have applied for asylum within the UK prior to 5 March 2007 and do not have a Case Owner you should contact the Immigration and Nationality Enquiry Bureau (INEB).